9-21/2012
Well we have had an awesome summer. It’s always so sad to see it come to an end. Let’s start with July- For the Fourth we went up to Steve and Kim Berlin’s lake house at Smith Mountain Lake. It was, not exaggerating here, the most amazing Fourth I’ve ever had. I’m sure it was Cooper’s too. We swam, played baseball on the lawn, grilled and watched the fireworks on the lake. Beautiful. Coop can’t ever get enough of swimming. Then Debby, Heinz, Josh and Julia came for a couple of weeks, and we had oh so much fun with them! We hung around Winston. Steve gave us the keys to the lake house for the weekend and we also ran up to Boone and did a little hiking and dinner with Bonnie and Jonathan. It’s always a lot of fun having Andrew’s family here. Then Cooper and I did a two week trip to Utah to give my family a Coop fix. And boy oh boy did they eat him up. Let’s just say that he got extremely spoiled with constant, constant attention and love. Being the only grandchild in a family who totally eats up babies, you can imagine how loved he is. We went to the zoo for his first time and he loved it. He actually was very quiet and just took it all in the whole time. I think he was just in total awe. He especially loved the polar bear swimming and the tigers. The whole family went to my Dad’s work and had a dinner and dance party with limbo that he loved. And we did some beautiful hiking up Big cottonwood canyon. We also ate our fill of Café Rio. Yum, Yum! Now we are back in N.C. for a few weeks before we go back to Utah for me to do a movie shoot for the church. I know I said that I was retired until kids are older but this is seriously the only project that would take me out of retirement. I can’t write and say what the project is yet but I will later. I can’t wait, it is going to be such a neat experience. Kenzie and my Mom will be watching Coop. It will be a long time to be away from Andrew (a month and a half) but we will make it work. We did a last minute beach trip this last weekend to get some good family time in with just ourselves. We went to Wilmington and did the beach, the aquarium and ate some sea food. The weather was perfect. It was a really nice relaxing little trip. Our little Cooper is growing up so fast. He has such a personality, I love it. He is running all over the place. He loves animals, water and being outside. It was so funny, the other night Andrew was eating a chicken sandwich and offer Cooper a bite saying” Here Cooper, want a bite of chicken?” Cooper looked at the bite for a minute before then saying “boc, boc, boc” Little smarty pants. We laughed so hard. I didn’t even know he knew what a chicken really was. He is so smart.


Drew's 34th bday
Fishing at Lake Mary with Aunt Bailey, Gabe, and Gma 9-2012So much loving family! Katie, Mckenzie, Heather, Gabe, Skyler, Bailey, Blake.


Trip to Wilmington NC. The beach and aquarium. 9-2012





No comments:
Post a Comment