Thursday, July 26, 2012


Catch ups. Ignore post date :)

2-6-2012                                            Painting at the children's museum 
Well little Coop man is now 7 months. We can’t believe just how fast 7 months have gone by. Cooper is such an awesome baby. He is such a joy. Things he is doing these days are sitting, rolling, and laughing laughing. He is a really social little guy and loves people. He also loves bath time like no body’s business. He splashes like crazy, and if he topples over in the water or gets it in his face it doesn’t even faze him he just gets right back to work splashing away. Andrew and I are loving being parents and are just trying to find a rhythm to juggling life. Andrew  really enjoys his job at the law firm Allman Spry doing mainly commercial real-estate law. And I am doing Cooper wrangling and hair at home in the kitchen when I can just to fill in our budget gaps. People come for hair when Cooper goes down for a nap in the morning or on Saturdays. It’s so nice to be able to be a completely stay at home mom with him and to be able to have an income. We have been really blessed with my work over the years.
We  have Cooper’s Aunt Mckenzie staying with us for a few months right now. It has been so nice having her. She is so fun and it is so nice to have an extra set of hands around. Cooper adores her. Any time she walks into a room he lights up and gets excited. He will be so sad when she leaves. We are hoping to talk her into staying longer.
Oh and something kind of funny and exciting, Cooper goes on the potty! I know it sounds really weird to be toilet training your 7 month old but it has been extremely easy. I had just noticed that he let me know every time he was doing number two. So one day I just took his diaper off and stuck him on the pot and whalah… It’s been about three weeks now and in that time I have only changed one poopy diaper! I just put him on every time he wakes up or in between if he lets me know and he now recognizes what it is and what he is supposed to do on it. He is even starting to pee on there. And it’s not like we spend forever in the bathroom just waiting for something to happen, I put him on and he makes himself go. Smart little guy. I hope our other kiddos are this easy to potty train. And I hope this lasts, fingers crossed. Now if we can just get him to sleep better at night we’ll be good. Can’t complain though.














                                                                 



                                                                2/28/2012

Cooper is hilarious when it comes to food. He is a little bit crazy our little man. Lately he doesn’t want to eat anything that doesn’t look like adult food. Any time he sees that he is being fed mashed up baby food he refuses in the beginning. The only problem is he doesn’t have any teeth yet to actually chew that adult food that he so desperately wants. So what I’ve been doing lately is feeding him off of creative “spoons”. I will take a slice of cucumber or a cracker or apple slice and scoop his food onto it then let him think that he is taking a bite while he is actually just slurping the food off of whatever we are using. Hee hee… although I’m not sure how much longer it is going to work because today as I was trying to give him the first bite off of an apple slice he pulled his head back, looked at the food on the apple and just laughed. Uh oh….

No comments:

Post a Comment